From our lesson we spoke about the Bauhaus school and looked at the video above which explains the basics on what the Bauhaus is. From looking at these I found out that:
- The Bauhaus is a school founded in Germany in 1919 by Walter Gropius just after the first world war.
- The art work is made from different colours and shape (red, blue, green / circle,square,triangle)
- Their typeface used has no capital letters
- The school consisted in a lot of different subjects including fine art, theater, architecture and metal work.
- The Bauhaus looks at creativity in a different way to other designers, they concentrate on making the design as simple as possible rather than making them look pretty.
- They produce high end designs
Once we found out a little bit about the Bauhaus we chose a question altogether which we wanted to find out more about. As a result we have chosen to look at ‘Why Does The Bauhas Consist of Simple Shapes and Primary Colours?’
These are the results:
- Create something new which is unique to other designers
- Give a cleaner design which concentrates mainly on the design side
- Bauhaus started off as a school
- World War One ended as soon as the Bauhaus was founded.
- Opened in Germany 1919
- Makes a picture with shapes and colours
- Influenced by music and sound
- The Bauhaus was hand made
- Made clay, chairs, industrial
- The Bauhaus changed the look of art throughout the century
- Materials used are wood, clay, metal, leather, steel
- One of the main subjects taught was architecture
- Also looked at sculpting
- Modern industry – modern look
- Urban technology
- Lowercase typeface, sans serif
- Regeneration after the war
- Manifesto- combine media to create objects